KNOWLE LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY
HIGH STREET (SOUTH) AND WILSONS ROAD
South of the church High Street continues for a short stretch, meeting Station Road, the main road from the Stratford Road at Hockley Heath to Coventry. Wilsons Road is a short, narrow road connecting High Street with Kenilworth Road near the filling station. In the triangle of land bounded by Kenilworth Road, High Street and Wilsons Road are the delightful Berrow Cottage Homes.
Beyond Station Road Warwick Road continues to Stripes Hill, a reminder of the very small amount of strip cultivation in Knowle. At the bottom of the hill Warwick Road turns sharp left, with Rotten Row Farm on the left. Norton Green Lane goes straight ahead, leading to Lapworth and meeting the main road from Hockley Heath to Warwick; Grove Road, on the right, meets Station Road at Widney cross roads.
Opposite the church are timber-
Looking south from the church gate, with former timber-
Looking north, with Stowe House on the extreme left and the church, the Guild House and the pharmacy ahead. The Berrow Homes wall is on the right.
|The Guild House|
|The Red Lion|
|Paterson Court (Old School)|
|Milverton Farm (Petrol Station)|
|Kixley Lane Cottages|
|Far End & The Cottage|
|Milverton House & Milverton Crescent|
|Berrow Cottage Homes|
|Knowle Library (Chester House)|
|Greswolde Arms Hotel|
|Grimshaw Hall 1560 - 1765|
|Grimshaw Hall After 1765|
|Malthouse Row (Nos 19 to 25)|
|The Wilson Arms|
|Knowle Lodge (Knowle Surgery)|
|The Olde House|
|Knowle Picture Playhouse (Johnsons Cars)|